The Woodfin 5k is looking for a new race director for the 2019 event.
We are searching for a Race Director for our 6th Annual Woodfin 5K on Saturday, April 27, 2019.
In the past, the Race Director has been a volunteer parent or school staff member. But we have now organized into an official non-profit and plan to outsource the job to a community member who: (1) possesses the skills and experience listed below; (2) believes children are our future; and (3) would, ideally, commit to a 2-year term. This is a paid position including $750 base pay plus a share of any increase in the annual net proceeds.
Rest assured, our new race director will help lead an already well-organized and successful event. Last year’s 5K attracted 190 registrants and netted almost $12,000 for education enhancements directed to the students at our small, but amazing school.
More specifically, duties would include:
- Organizing and leading a group of volunteer committee members to plan and execute the annual race event.
- Presiding over 4-5 monthly committee meetings using agendas to stay on task.
- Organizing and monitoring participant registrations.
- Working with our marketing/design firm, MaxWebGear, to ensure the effective use of publicity materials and web design.
- Employing other creative skills to effectively market to both runners and corporate sponsors.
- Leading race day preparations including logistics like safety, signage, timing, food and beverages, door prizes and awards.
The candidate should possess the following characteristics:
- The ability to manage/lead committee meetings.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to handle and channel funds through our Woodfin 5K treasurer.
- Multi-tasking and problem solving skills.Oral (board meeting reports) and written (google Docs) presentation skills
- A working knowledge of spreadsheets and Google Drive. The ability to earn or be proficient using Run Sign Up.
- The ability to pass a background check.
- Event management experience (preferred).
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume by October 31 to:
Woodfin 5K Race Director Position
Woodfin5K@gmail.com or call Gus Mujica 828-275-5709