You must do this race at least once. The disclosures are not exaggerated. I did it in 2009 and it kicked my butt. It’s a 10k-ish distance.
FROM THE RACE ORGANIZER
- This is a technical and demanding course. A good estimate is to add about 60% on to your usual 10k time.
- You will not be able to run the entire course.
- There will be a single water station at the high point (Eden Rock) – roughly 3.5 miles into the course.
- Roots, rocks, downed trees, low limbs and very steep terrain are just some of the challenges, but the rewards are some sweet single track and an unmatched view off Eden rock. You will be amazed to be only minutes from I-40 and feel so remote.
- OA Awards and 3 deep in 10 year age groups.
- Logo hat or visor to each participant.
Online registration is available at Ultra Signup. For more information, visit the race website.