All Aboard! This is one of the legendary Western North Carolina “badge of honor” races. Everyone gets wet at this race, and I’m not talking about the “I ran the 2013 Bele Chere 5k in rain” kind of wet. I’m talking about the “major stream crossing with my shoes stuck in the mud at the bottom” kind of wet.
- A 10K (6.2 miles) trail run or a 5K (3.1 miles) trail race on a very challenging course at the Springmaid Mountain retreat near Spruce Pine, NC.
- ALL NEW FOR 2013: Kids’ Run (noncompetitive) just before the awards.
What You Get
- Pre-registered runners are guaranteed a t-shirt. T shirts not guaranteed for Race day registration.
- T Shirts: MADE IN AMERICA!!! Adult Sizes run slightly smaller than normal t shirts. Mens sizes or Womens sizes available. Kids Sizes are Cotton.
- Kids Run is 1K and will begin during the 10K Awards.
- Handmade items donated by local artists will be awarded as door prizes.
Awards and Presentations
The awards presentation and door prizes will be held immediately following the races. Awards and door prizes will not be mailed. Awards will be presented in the following categories:
- 10K Overall: Top 2 male and Top 2 female finishers
- Age Groups: Male and Female Top 3 finishers 13 & under, 14-16, 17-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+
- Masters: 40+ 1 male and 1 female (no double dipping)
- 5K Overall: Top male and Top female
- Age Groups: 11 & under, 12-13, 14-16, 17-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
Online registration is available at Active.com. For more information, visit the race website and the race Facebook group.