This looks like a nice venue for an 8k race and it includes a relay option. Race timing is provided by Lee Timing. The following information is from the race organizers:
The race begins at Catawba Meadows and follows the Morganton Greenway along the Catawba River. The Greenway is mostly flat with gentle rolling hills and beautiful scenery.
The Good Race is a fundraising event, but it is also an opportunity for runners and local residents to participate in a fun day of exercise, food and friendship while supporting and learning about a unique and truly exceptional free clinic in western North Carolina.
All proceeds will support the mission of the Good Samaritan Clinic, “promoting the physical, spiritual and emotional Health of Burke County residents.”
- Take I-40 Exit 100, Jamestown Road.
- If traveling eastbound – turn left at end of the ramp, if westbound, turn right.
- Proceed through light at intersection of Jamestown Road and US-70 where Jamestown Road becomes Independence Boulevard.
- Continue straight on Independence Boulevard to and turn right at next light (Hwy 181). Hardee’s will be on your right.
- At the next traffic light, turn left onto Sanford Drive and continue for approximately 1/2 mile to turn left into Catawba Meadows.
Online registration is available at Run Signup. Or, you may download The Good Race 8k Registration Form 2013. For more information, visit the race website.